SymTrac™ HIVES is a free iPhone app that helps people with chronic spontaneous urticaria (CSU) track the severity of symptoms and the impact on their life over time. The data recorded can be viewed in easy-to-read progress trackers and shared with healthcare professionals to enhance consultation time and support decision making.
Funded by Novartis. Co-developed with a leading national charity, Allergy UK, SymTrac™ HIVES allows users to make the most of their vital consultation time by providing a clear picture of how their symptoms have changed since their last appointment.
To download the free SymTrac™ HIVES app for iPhone visit the App Store.
Is this app for me
SymTrac™ HIVES has been designed for people with CSU. You may not be familiar with the name, but you may recognise the red, itchy hives (a form of rash this is also known as nettle-rash, wheals or welts). These hives appear without warning, last at least six weeks and can suddenly reappear after having cleared.1 The hives may also be accompanied by swelling of the deeper layers of the skin, this is known as angioedema.
Please note that neither Novartis nor any third party engaged by Novartis accesses, receives, registers or stores any of your Personal Information. Please refer to the terms and conditions below if you want to know more.
If you have any queries or suggestions regarding SymTrac™ HIVES or are experiencing any issues with the App, please contact us at [email protected]
1. Greaves M., Immunol Allergy Clin N Am, 2014
3. Both the Application and the Content are provided “as is”. Novartis expressly disclaims all express, implied and statutory warranties, to the fullest extent permitted under English Law, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Novartis further expressly disclaims any warranties regarding the reliability, timeliness, accuracy, completeness, availability and / or performance of the Application or Content, or that the Application will be free of viruses or other harmful components or will be compatible with your device or its operating system. Novartis does not warrant the security or confidentiality of any data stored on or transmitted from the device.
4. Novartis may update, modify, interrupt or discontinue any or all of the functionality of the Application or the Content and make changes, corrections and/or improvements to the Application or the Content, at any time without notice to you. Novartis is not responsible for any costs, loss or damage that you incur as the result of any modification, interruption or discontinuance of any or all functionality of the Application or the Content.
5. When you Use the Application and the Content, you are solely responsible for:
a. ensuring that you are using the latest available version of the Application;
b. ensuring that all operating systems and security software for the Device are the most up to date versions available;
c. any damage to your Device, and any loss or corruption of information that you store in the Device that results from the Use of the Application or Content or the interaction of this Application or Content with other applications or programs that you may download or use;
d. maintaining the security and confidentiality of any personal identification numbers, account information, passwords and the like related to your use of the Application or Content;
e. maintaining the physical security of your Device; and
f. maintaining the security and confidentiality of Personal Information that you store on your Device.
6. “Personal Information” is information that alone or in combination with other information, identifies you or can be used to identify you or your personal characteristics, such as your name, contact information or information about your health that is collected and/or transmitted by the Application.
7. Novartis is not responsible for any costs, loss or damage that you incur as the result of your failure to meet any of these responsibilities.
8. When you Use the Application and the Content, you may not:
a. modify, edit, improve, resell, reverse engineer, change or otherwise interfere with the operation of the Application in any way;
b. engage in copying and widespread distribution of Content to the public; or
10. You hereby release and agree to hold harmless Novartis and its affiliates, from any and all claims, costs, losses, liabilities and damages of any sort, whether direct, indirect, special, consequential or otherwise, whether arising in tort (including negligence), contract or otherwise, and whether or not Novartis has been advised of the possibility of such damages, in each case arising out of or related to your Use of the Application and/or or the Content and from any use that Novartis makes of information that you transmit to Novartis from or about the Application.
11. You should always obtain complete medical information from your own medical doctor or other health care provider. This Application does not offer personalised medical diagnosis or patient-specific treatment advice.
1. Neither Novartis nor any third party engaged by Novartis accesses, receives, registers or stores any of your Personal Information.
2. This Application contains no cookies or other tracking devices except those necessary for the functioning of the Application or for monitoring its usage.
3. Your Use of the Application is completely outside of Novartis’ control. Novartis has no responsibility for or control over or access to the content, information or data that you generate through the Use of the Application. With the exception of the statistics on the number of downloads and aggregated, anonymised information relating to the usage of the Application (e.g. number of screens viewed and the average time spent in the Application), Novartis and third parties engaged by Novartis will not receive transparency, access to, or information about the use of the Application, or the content that is generated in the Application.
4. The information that you generate in the Application is stored only on your mobile device. However, if you have an Apple iCloud storage account and have activated your account for back-up, you will be able to use to the Apple iCloud storage to back-up the Application data. Novartis cannot guarantee the security of your data if you choose to back-it up using your Apple iCloud storage account.