Project Name: Development of an active NETs database at Sheffield Teaching Hospital (STH) Foundation Trust FT NHS.
Project period: 15th September 2016 - 14th September 2017
Joint working project summary:
The aim is to combine skills and resources to develop: (i) data manager led database for Functioning and Non-Functioning GEP NETs patients, (ii) this will allow interrogation and analysis of data prospectively of current practice, (iii) which in turn will enable clinicians to stratify patients into Functioning and Non-Functioning GEP NETs. Therefore putting steps in place to ensure this is in line with European Neuroendocrine Tumours Centres of Excellence (ENETS) accreditation requirements and hence improve patient outcomes.
Expected Specific patient outcomes for this project
- The percentage of GEP NETs patients (out of total number under treatment) whose data has been entered on to the database.
- The percentage increase in Functioning GEP NETs patients with completed data entries on the database.
- The percentage increase in Non-Functioning GEP NETs patients with completed data entries on the database.
- The percentage of patients stratified based on tumour location. Data collected here is for observational purposes.
- Improvement on Patient satisfaction survey of May 2015 (only aggregated anonymised data shared).
- Increase or decrease in average number of patients discussed at a NETs multidisciplinary team meeting (MDT) (only aggregated and anonymised data to be shared).
- SHT FT accredited with European Neuroendocrine Tumours Centre of Excellence (ENETS) by 2016.
ONC16-C004b September 2016