The MPN Assistant app is available on iPhone, iPad and Android. It is designed to help people with myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPNs) such as essential thrombocythaemia (ET), polycythaemia vera (PV) or myelofibrosis (MF) to manage their overall health. It simplifies many of the common issues these patients may face every day, from keeping track of common MPN symptoms, test results and medications to providing easy access to their healthcare provider’s contact information or learning about the disease.
It is intended to be used in conjunction with their healthcare professional as part of an overall treatment plan. Working together with him or her may help improve the outcomes of their treatment.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding MPN Assistant or are experiencing any issues with the App, please contact us at [email protected]
3. Both the Application and the Content are provided “as is”. Novartis expressly disclaims all express, implied and statutory warranties, to the fullest extent permitted under English Law, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Novartis further expressly disclaims any warranties regarding the reliability, timeliness, accuracy, completeness, availability and / or performance of the Application or Content, or that the Application will be free of viruses or other harmful components or will be compatible with your device or its operating system. Novartis does not warrant the security or confidentiality of any data stored on or transmitted from the device.
4. Novartis may update, modify, interrupt or discontinue any or all of the functionality of the Application or the Content and make changes, corrections and/or improvements to the Application or the Content, at any time without notice to you. Novartis is not responsible for any costs, loss or damage that you incur as the result of any modification, interruption or discontinuance of any or all functionality of the Application or the Content.
5. When you Use the Application and the Content, you are solely responsible for:
a. ensuring that you are using the latest available version of the Application;
b. ensuring that all operating systems and security software for the Device are the most up to date versions available;
c. any damage to your Device, and any loss or corruption of information that you store in the Device that results from the Use of the Application or Content or the interaction of this Application or Content with other applications or programs that you may download or use;
d. maintaining the security and confidentiality of any personal identification numbers, account information, passwords and the like related to your use of the Application or Content;
e. maintaining the physical security of your Device; and
f. maintaining the security and confidentiality of Personal Information that you store on your Device.
6. “Personal Information” is information that alone or in combination with other information, identifies you or can be used to identify you or your personal characteristics, such as your name, contact information or information about your health that is collected and/or transmitted by the Application.
7. Novartis is not responsible for any costs, loss or damage that you incur as the result of your failure to meet any of these responsibilities.
8. When you Use the Application and the Content, you may not:
a. modify, edit, improve, resell, reverse engineer, change or otherwise interfere with the operation of the Application in any way;
b. engage in copying and widespread distribution of Content to the public; or
10. You hereby release and agree to hold harmless Novartis and its affiliates, from any and all claims, costs, losses, liabilities and damages of any sort, whether direct, indirect, special, consequential or otherwise, whether arising in tort (including negligence), contract or otherwise, and whether or not Novartis has been advised of the possibility of such damages, in each case arising out of or related to your Use of the Application and/or or the Content and from any use that Novartis makes of information that you transmit to Novartis from or about the Application.
11. You should always obtain complete medical information from your own medical doctor or other health care provider. This Application does not offer personalised medical diagnosis or patient-specific treatment advice.
1. Neither Novartis nor any third party engaged by Novartis accesses, receives, registers or stores any of your Personal Information.
2. This Application contains no cookies or other tracking devices except those necessary for the functioning of the Application or for monitoring its usage.
3. Your Use of the Application is completely outside of Novartis’ control. Novartis has no responsibility for or control over or access to the content, information or data that you generate through the Use of the Application. With the exception of the statistics on the number of downloads and aggregated, anonymised information relating to the usage of the Application (e.g. number of screens viewed and the average time spent in the Application), Novartis and third parties engaged by Novartis will not receive transparency, access to, or information about the use of the Application, or the content that is generated in the Application.
4. The information that you generate in the Application is stored only on your mobile device. The Application does not allow back-up of data on cloud based storage solutions.